Seat Belt Development Engineer
Do you want to save lives? At Autoliv, we believe that no one should have to be seriously injured or lose their life in a traffic accident. Every day we strive for this conviction by developing and manufacturing innovative products of superior quality. Because when people can feel safe while they are traveling, they can also live life to the fullest. We believe in cooperation and therefore we work closely with our customers and suppliers.
We are now looking for a Seat Belt Development Engineer to reinforce our team in Vårgåda
About the role
We are looking for a skilled mechanical development engineer. This role will be a member in development projects in Seat Belt area and work in cross functional teams with members from different countries / regions. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in mechanical design and development. Many developments project have a portion of mechatronic / electronic content.
Focus on early development phases, where innovation, open minded mindset, fail fast approach is vital
- Design / Develop components / modules in given Seat Belt area
- Conceptualize solutions based on new / changed requirements.
- Select appropriate manufacturing method and material for components.
- Ensure through validations that design meets design intent.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members regarding technical status, keeping them informed of progress and addressing any concerns.
- Stay abreast with industry trends and emerging technologies, make sure to use latest available know how in daily design work.
- Relevant school background (Engineering)
- >5 years’ experience from mechanical design
- Involved in >one project from early ide creation phase to production launch.
- Experience from creating 3D models and 2D drawings. Familiar with dimensioning principles and GD&T principles.
- Deep knowledge in one of following fields: Material properties, High volume manufacturing (supplier processes) or high-volume assembly methods combined with general knowledge in the other fields.
- As a person you are curious and innovative. You have a problem-solving mindset, you both have the ability to create a theoretical hypothesis and practical know how to be able to validate the theory.
- A merit is Electronic / Mechatronic know how.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Swedish language skills are a merit.
Being the world’s leading automotive safety supplier requires brave decisions, innovation, a focus on technology and customers – and people with a passion for saving lives.
Autoliv's vision of Saving More Lives guides our daily work. Life can change in a fraction of a second – and we have developed automotive safety systems with that moment in mind for over six decades. Each year, our products save more than 30,000 lives, products that must operate perfectly in milliseconds.
We have 65 000 employees in 27 countries. Our mission is to provide world class life saving solutions for mobility and society. We develop, manufacture, and sell safety systems for automotive such as airbags, seatbelts, steering wheels, and pedestrian protection systems for today and tomorrows vehicles. With a high level of competence, we work to create safety for road users, quality for our customers, trust and security for our employees, stability and growth for our shareholders, as well as sustainable methods and working methods.
In Sweden we host the company´s Global Innovation Center, located in Vårgårda. Our focus in on developing new and existing products, both in our core areas such as airbags and seatbelts but also in the Mobility Safety Solutions area. We do this in cross functional teams and in close cooperation with Research who is also located on site. We have unique testing and prototype facilities.
In Vårgårda we also produce inflators and special products such as hood lifters and child seats. In total we have approx. 400 employees.
You will be part of a successful and exciting global company with good development opportunities. We offer technical career development and the opportunity to work in cross-functional agile project teams with exciting and innovative products in a global context.
Place of Work: Vårgårda (Lindholmen)
Employment type: Permanent
Start date: According to agreement
Questions about the position is answered by Robert Svensson, Director Advanced Technology Solutions, phone +46 733 614 250
We have collective agreement with Sveriges Ingenjörer/Unionen/Ledarna and IF Metall. Union representatives can be reach via the company switchboard, + 46 322 62 62 00.